Following graduation from law school, Shirley Williams was a law clerk for Hon. Nick D. Caporale on the Nebraska Supreme Court. She joined the Knudsen Law Firm in 1986 and her primary areas of practice are workers’ compensation, environmental law and general trial practice. She is a member of the Lincoln and Nebraska State Bar Associations, the NSBA Workers’ Compensation Section and the Natural Resources and Environmental Law Section. She has served on the Executive Committee of the NSBA Workers’ Compensation Section and is currently the Secretary of the NSBA Worker’ Compensation Section. She also has the highest Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating of AV Preeminent.
Shirley was born in Sargent, Nebraska, and graduated cum laude from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 1980 with a degree in journalism. She was a member of the Society of Collegiate Journalists and was voted “most promising reporter” on the student newspaper.
Shirley received her J.D. degree with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1984. She was Executive Editor of the Nebraska Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif national legal honorary, and the recipient of American Jurisprudence Awards in evidence and remedies and damages.
Shirley’s community activities include service on church committees, past involvement with school booster groups and prior service on the boards of directors of the Denney Building Child Care Association and the Childbirth and Parent Education Association of Lincoln. She and her husband, David, have two grown children.
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Practice
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Mediation & Arbitration
- S.S. Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Trial Advocacy
- Fritzen v. Fritzen Trucking, Nebraska Court of Appeals, No. A-11-534 (March 27, 2012)
- Barrett v. Keep Kimball Beautiful, Nebraska Court of Appeals, No. A-11-587 (Dec.27, 2011)
- Wyatt v. Drivers Management, Inc., Nebraska Court of Appeals, No. A-10-1130 (Oct. 18, 2011)
- Frosh ex rel. Rohrbouck v. North Platte Public Schools, 2006 WL 3388642, (D.Neb. Nov 21, 2006)
- Harders v. Grand Island Public Schools, 2006 WL 2528524, (D.Neb. Aug 31, 2006)
- Morin v. Industrial Manpower, 687 N.W.2d 704, (Neb.App. Oct 19, 2004)
- Zavala v. ConAgra Beef Co., 655 N.W.2d 692, (Neb. Jan 24, 2003)
- Zavala v. Conagra Beef Co., 647 N.W.2d 656, (Neb.App. Jun 25, 2002)
- Rafael-Loarca v. Platte River Byproducts, Inc., 2001 WL 880698, (Neb.App. Aug 07, 2001)
- McDonald v. DeCamp Legal Services, P.C., 619 N.W.2d 583, (Neb. Dec 01, 2000)
- McDonald v. Decamp Legal Services, P.C., 2000 WL 249769, (Neb.App. Mar 07, 2000)
- Bargmann v. Soll Oil Co., 574 N.W.2d 478, (Neb. Feb 13, 1998)
- Belt v. Burlington Northern R. Co., 1997 WL 411197, (Neb.App. Jul 15, 1997)
- Bowen v. Monahan, 163 F.R.D. 571, (D.Neb. Oct 04, 1995)
- Blakely v. Farmland Foods, Inc., 2 Neb.C.A. 357, (Neb.App. Feb 02, 1993)
- Collett v. Olson Bros., Inc., 2 Neb.C.A. 287, (Neb.App. Jan 26, 1993)
- Turek v. Saint Elizabeth Community Health Center, 488 N.W.2d 567, (Neb. Sep 11, 1992)
- Pete Morin v. Industrial Manpower, 13 Neb. App. 1, 687 N.W.2d 704 (2004)
- Maria Zavala v. ConAgra Beef Co., 265 Neb. 188, 655 N.W.2d 692 (2003)
- Maria Zavala v. ConAgra Beef Co., 11 Neb. App. 235, 647 N.W.2d 656 (2002)
- Olga Chojolan v. Armour Food Co., No. A-00-1184 (2001)
- Pedro Rafael-Loarca V. Platte River Byproducts, No. A-01-054 (2001)
- Robert McDonald v. DeCamp Legal Services, PC, 260 Neb. 729, 619 N.W.2d 583 (2000)
- Terry Bargmann, Janet Lutjen, and Kevin Tonjes v. Soll Oil & Bargmann Corner Service, 253 Neb. 1018, 574 N.W.2d 478 (1998)
- Donald Turek v. Saint Elizabeth Community Health Center, 241 Neb. 467, 488 N.W.2d 567 (1992)
- Thomas Morrissey v. St. Paul Property and Casualty Ins. Co., 238 Neb. 536, 471 N.W.2d 733 (1991)
- Claude Weimer & Association of Commonwealth Claimants v. Paul Amen, et al., 235 Neb. 287, 455 N.W.2d 145 (1990).
- Morrissey v. St. Paul Property and Cas. Ins. Co., 471 N.W.2d 733, (Neb. Jul 05, 1991)