Dick Endacott, of counsel, has practiced law in Lincoln since being admitted to the Bar in 1963. He is a member of the Lincoln, Nebraska State and American Bar Associations. His fields of special interest are workers’ compensation, estate planning (probate) and agricultural law.
Dick has lectured and written extensively on workers’ compensation and estate planning, and participated in drafting the Nebraska Probate, Corporations, and Workers’ Compensation Handbooks. He has also been on the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Probate Forms and Systems Committee and Committee on Legal Economics.
Dick was born in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. In 1960, he graduated from the University of Kansas where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and the junior and senior class men’s honorary societies. He attended Yale Law School, receiving his L.L.B. degree in 1963.
Dick’s many civic activities have included service as president of the Lincoln Kansas University Alumni Association and the Bryan Hospital Board of Trustees; secretary of the Southeast Nebraska Hospital and Health Council; secretary-treasurer of the Nebraska Charolais Cattleman’s Association and chairman of the board of the Lincoln Community Foundation, Bryan Hospital and the Nebraska Public Radio Advisory Board. He has also served on the boards of the Lincoln University Club, Haymarket Art Gallery, Lincoln Civic Center Corporation, Center Pointe, Bryan Hospital Foundation, Lincoln YMCA, Lincoln Bank South, Project Youth, Inc. and the Governor’s Council on Health and Fitness.
Dick has four children. He and his wife Katherine, a former member of the State Board of Education, have written two books about Nebraska restaurants. They live in the country and raise Charolais cattle.
(Cases argued before the Nebraska Supreme Court or Nebraska Court of Appeals)
- Thomas v. Kayser-Roth, 211 Neb. 704, 320 NW2d 111 (1982).
- Ignacio v. ConAgra Beef Co., 2002 WL 1447915, (Neb.App. Jul 02, 2002)
- Foote v. O’Neill Packing, 632 N.W.2d 313, (Neb. Aug 17, 2001)
- Combined Ins. v. Shurter, 607 N.W.2d 492, (Neb. Mar 10, 2000)
- Lounnaphanh v. Monfort, Inc., 583 N.W.2d 783, (Neb.App. Aug 04, 1998)
- Hale v. Standard Meat Co., 554 N.W.2d 424, (Neb. Oct 25, 1996)
- Wilmart v. Cook Family Foods, 1996 WL 80585, (Neb.App. Feb 27, 1996)
- Hull v. Aetna Ins. Co., 541 N.W.2d 631, (Neb. Jan 12, 1996)
- Hull v. Aetna Ins. Co., 529 N.W.2d 783, (Neb. Mar 31, 1995)
- Shade v. Ayars & Ayars, Inc., 525 N.W.2d 32, (Neb. Dec 30, 1994)
- Logan v. Rocky Mountain Rental, 524 N.W.2d 816, (Neb.App. Nov 29, 1994)
- Hull v. Aetna Ins. Co., 1994 WL 421423, (Neb.App. Aug 09, 1994)
- Shade v. Ayars & Ayars, Inc., 513 N.W.2d 881, (Neb.App. Mar 15, 1994)
- Woods v. GRN Corp., 1 Neb.C.A. 1257, (Neb.App. Aug 25, 1992)
- Schmidt v. Alfalfa, 475 N.W.2d 523, (Neb. Oct 11, 1991)
- Zaleski v. Farmland Foods, Inc., 219 Neb. 157, 361 NW2d 523 (1985)
- Riha v. St. Mary’s Church & School, 209 Neb. 539, 308 NW2d 734 (1981)
- Stoll v. School Dist. #1, 207 Neb. 670, 301 NW2d 68 (1981)