Michael W. Khalili joined the Knudsen Law Firm in 2009. He is licensed to practice law in Nebraska, the U.S. District Court of Nebraska, Iowa and Washington State. He is an active member of the Lincoln CenterPointe Board of Directors, Lincoln Estate Planning Council, Nebraska State Bar Association, Iowa State Bar Association and the firm’s Estate Planning and Marketing Committees.
Michael was born in Guymon, Oklahoma and grew up in Del Rio, Texas. He graduated, cum laude, from the University of California Los Angeles in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.
He received his J.D. degree from Seattle University School of Law in 2008. Michael attained the highest grade for overall achievement and best performance for Housing Law and Policy and was the recipient of the prestigious CALI award. He received the Washington State Hispanic Bar Association Scholarship in 2007 and the Deans Diversity Scholarship in 2005. Michael is also bilingual, and was actively involved in the Hispanic Organization for Legal Advancement, South Asian Law Student Association, Jewish Legal Society, and the Intellectual Property Law Society.
Following his first year at Seattle University School of Law, he was awarded the Laurel Rubin Farm Worker Justice Fellowship and interned with Columbia Legal Services in Yakima, Washington. While interning, he provided legal advice to farm workers regarding their rights, as well as minimum wage issues. During a radio interview he disseminated information in Spanish for individuals thinking about entering the legal profession. This experience was the basis for an article Michael wrote, “How I Spent My Summer Vacation Internship Opens Eyes on Farm Workers’ World”, which was published by the King County Bar Bulletin.
Michael enjoys traveling, attending sporting events, and spending time with his wife Sarah, daughter Zoë and son Mason.
- Administrative Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Health Care Law
- Immigration Law
- S.S. Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
Published Cases and Decisions:
- O’Brien v. Bellevue Public Schools, No. S-12-843 (12/2014)–Decision
- Kuhlmann v. Versatile Roofing, LLC, CI 13-592 (2014)–Decision
- Pettigrew v. Cherry County Sch. Dist. No. 16-0006, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 18616 (D. Neb. Feb. 12, 2013)
- Osborn v. BNSF Ry. Co., 4:10CV3142, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 41678, April 11, 2011, Decided, April 11, 2011, Filed
- Royal Crown Ltd. v. Duncan Aviation, Inc., 4:09CV3184, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7555, January 28, 2010, Decided, January 28, 2010, Filed.
- Grauer v. Your Precious Pets– Decision