Kevin McManaman is a partner of the Knudsen Law Firm, where he concentrates his practice on commercial litigation, employment law, school district defense, nursing home litigation, and estate planning. He practices in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration.
Kevin is a Lincoln native and a graduate of the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. He attended Creighton University School of Law in Omaha where he graduated magna cum laude in 1994, and was a member of the nationally competitive Creighton Advanced Trial Practice Team. After law school, Kevin returned to Lincoln and was privileged to serve the Nebraska Supreme Court as a legal clerk for Justice Nick D. Caporale. He practiced law in Omaha from 1995 until 2001. His practice has included personal injury, wrongful death, employment law, healthcare law, railroad litigation, and a wide variety of business and commercial disputes including securities arbitration (FINRA), banking matters, tax and bankruptcy disputes, internet and technology companies, and nuclear plant mismanagement.
Kevin is a member and past President of the Board of Directors for Lincoln CenterPointe, a non-profit organization specializing in helping people with mental health and substance abuse disorders. He is also a member of the Lincoln Bar Association, a former board member of the Lincoln Children’s Zoo, a member of the Lincoln Estate Planning Council, the Defense Research Institute, and is a member and the Legal Chair of the NSHHRA (www.nshhra.com). Kevin and his wife, Lisa, enjoy their hometown of Lincoln where they are involved with scouting and many other activities with their children.
Kevin continues to help write and update the Model Policies and Forms for Nebraska Employers and the Nebraska Human Resources Manual. These books explain employment law using plain English and provide model polices and forms useful for Nebraska employers.
Contact us or visit click on the book to order your copy.
only 5% selected each year
Super Lawyers Profile
- Jones v. GGNSC Pierre LLC, 684 F. Supp 2d 1161 (U.S. Dist. S.D. 2010)
- Billups v. Bellevue Pub. Schs., No. 8:08CV365, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19964
- Appleby v. Andreasen, 276 Neb. 926, 758 N.W.2d 615 (2008)
- Japp v. Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources Dist., 273 Neb. 779, 733 N.W.2d 551, 2007 WL 1793139, , Neb., June 22, 2007(No. S-06-045.)
- Japp v. Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources Dist., 271 Neb. 968, 716 N.W.2d 707, 2006 WL 1867304, , Neb., July 07, 2006(No. S-05-398.)
- Gatz v. Ponsoldt, 271 F.Supp.2d 1143, 2003 WL 21517823, RICO Bus.Disp.Guide 10,496, , D.Neb., July 07, 2003(No. 4:02CV3113.)
- Wulf v. Adaptive Motion Control Systems, Inc., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2003 WL 168649, 49 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 737, Prod.Liab.Rep. (CCH) P 16,608, , D.Neb., January 24, 2003(No. 4:01CV3095.)
- In re Estate of Dickie, 261 Neb. 533, 623 N.W.2d 666, 2001 WL 306097, , Neb., March 30, 2001(No. S-00-039.)
- Roeder v. Metropolitan Ins. and Annuity Co., 236 F.3d 433, 2001 WL 13287, , C.A.8 (Neb.), January 08, 2001(No. 99-3962.)
- Turner v. Fehrs Nebraska Tractor & Equipment Co., 259 Neb. 313, 609 N.W.2d 652, 2000 WL 502512, 16 IER Cases 475, , Neb., April 27, 2000(No. S-98-635.)
- U.S. v. Kearns, 177 F.3d 706, 1999 WL 374263, 83 A.F.T.R.2d 99-2632, 99-1 USTC P 50,573, , C.A.8 (Neb.), June 01, 1999(No. 98-2569.)
- Haag v. Bongers, 256 Neb. 170, 589 N.W.2d 318, 1999 WL 72874, Prod.Liab.Rep. (CCH) P 15,473, , Neb., February 12, 1999(No. S-97-1243.)
- State ex rel. Acme Rug Cleaner, Inc. v. Likes, 256 Neb. 34, 588 N.W.2d 783, 1999 WL 48702, , Neb., January 29, 1999(No. S-97-1160.)
- Ihm v. Crawford & Co., 254 Neb. 818, 580 N.W.2d 115, 1998 WL 351047, , Neb., June 26, 1998(No. S-96-237.)
- In re Kearns, 219 B.R. 823, 1998 WL 153996, 81 A.F.T.R.2d 98-1425, 98-1 USTC P 50,315, 39 Collier Bankr.Cas.2d 1267, , 8th Cir.BAP (Neb.), April 06, 1998(BAP No. 97-6088 NE